Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Public Relations Defined


The Public Relations Society of America has launched a project to have its members and others submit definitions for Public Relations.  I read a number of stories surrounding this project and felt as if all of them were mine.  Especially Rosanne Fiske’s story on your family not understanding what you do.  When I worked at the Nation Newspaper as it Corporate Communications Manager, my mother was fine with that because she understood the concept of working for a reputable organization no matter the job.  When I set up my own PR Agency  she was however very worried for me because she could not fathom how I would make money and what service I was truly offering.
The PRSA 1982 National Assembly formally adopted a definition of public relations, which remains widely accepted and used today: “Public relations helps an organization and its publics 
adapt mutually to each other.”READ MORE

No comments: